I enjoy collaborating with developers, designers and users in order to make the best possible product. I am a technical & creative problem solver based in the United Kingdom. Passionate about building the next big thing using Human-Centered Design, with deep understanding and empathy for users.
Ruby 2, Rails 4+ GIT, Heroku
Alexa Skills Kit (ASK), Cloudwatch, AWS Lambda, SSML, Node.js, Amazon DB, IAM. IBM Watson
Designing for voice – user stories, writing scripts, flow development
API’s – Google, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Twillo
Creating chatbots using Amazon LEX & Facebook Messenger
UI design – sketches, wireframes, mockups
UX design – user research, user testing, user journey, user experience
Enjoy: Podcasting, Tech For Good Projects, Writing, Blogging, Coffee & Trying to keep fit!
- You can email me at hello [at] neilpatel [dot] co
Current Side projects (MVP, WIP) – Please Try, would love feedback!
current voice apps
KebabBot– Just what your drunk A$$ needs at 3am!
text hello to (toll-free in the UK) – It won’t really order a kebab its an example! ( but please try it!)
Indian Startup Show Bot – Find out stats, Listener Locations, Guest Info and more!
https://www.facebook.com/indianstartupshow/ – click on send a message and type hello to get started
Display ads on what the user looks like – Delivering dynamically targeted advertisement content (using detect faces API)
- Subcontractor finder – Use this postcode search to quickly find subcontractors in your area
- Product Pricing Calculator – How much money do you want to make!!!!
- Finance Tracker App – Check your stocks & your friend’s stocks!
- Code a personal splash page in Ruby on Rails , HTML. & CSS
- My Indian Wedding App – IPhone / Android
- Business development pipeline for startup founders – instructions here
- Getting your podcast off the ground (skillshare class)
- Have you thought about starting your own podcast but don’t know where to start? In this 80-minute class, I will walk you through the process of creating & promoting your own podcast. Podcasting is a great way to build an intimate, trusting relationship with your audience.Podcasting is perfect for people with big ideas.
- contributor to foundr magazine, a digital magazine for entrepreneurs
- codecrawl an online resource for people wanting to learn to code
- coderfactory academy – CoderFactory Academy is a technology education provider catering to aspiring tech startup entrepreneurs and app developers
- https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/308937 – Podcasting hosting
- https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/307799 – Podcast branding
- Indian startup show – A weekly podcast show about Indian startups, entrepreneurs and more !. (the Journey So far .. 63 episodes & 200,000 Total listens from Aug2015 – Aug2017)
- Coaching at Codebar.io (London) – codebar is a non-profit initiative that facilitates the growth of a diverse tech community by running regular programming workshops.
- Xerox (South Africa) Employee of the Year