By 2020, 50% of all search queries will be made by voice. The way we interact with the internet is changing — fast. As you navigate this rapidly evolving environment, I will provide a helping hand by supplying the following services:
I enjoy collaborating with developers, designers and users in order to make the best possible product. I am a technical & creative problem solver based in the United Kingdom. Passionate about building the next big thing using Human-Centered Design, with deep understanding and empathy for users, I have launched successful products and features on multiple platforms.
I can help you understand the product development process: user stories, personas, emotional design, simplicity, usability and testing.
Voice applications are still new. So the first time you build a voice app, you have to be realistic. It may require additional iterations, time, testing and feedback to add value to the customer and your bottom line.
The good news is: 58 million smart speakers will be sold in 2018. And 75% of US households are expected to have smart speakers by 2020. So you can see the awesome opportunities out there in any industry. I can provide you with research, insight, creativity, production and deployment to bring your idea to life!
current voice apps
Alexa Skills Kit (ASK), AWS, Cloudwatch, Lambda, SSML, Node.js, IAM.
Designing for voice – user stories, writing scripts, flow development, Amazon Storywriter
Ruby on Rails,
GIT, Heroku, Amazon S3
Chrome Web Tools
Actionable/ Redis / Websockets
TDD – Rspec/Cucumber/FactoryGirl/Fixtures/Mintest
Postgres / SQL
Basic Machine Learning & IoT using Arduino UNO
Puma / Webrick
API – Mailchimp, Google, Linkedin , Instagram, New Relic, Mandrill , Dropbox.
Payments – Stripe API
CodeClimate / Rubocop / Travis / Airbrake / Debugger / PRY
Weekly Sprints / Daily standups / Trello / Pivotal Tracker
Enjoy: Podcasting, Tech For Good Projects, Writing, Blogging, Coffee & Trying to keep fit!
- You can email me at hello [at] neilpatel [dot] co
Current Side projects (MVP, WIP) – Please Try, would love feedback!
KebabBot– Just what your drunk A$$ needs at 3am!
text hello to +44 114 303 2622 (toll-free in the UK) – It won’t really order a kebab its an example! ( but please try it!)
Indian Startup Show Bot – Find out stats, Listener Locations, Guest Info and more!
https://www.facebook.com/indianstartupshow/ – click on send a message and type hello to get started
Display ads on what the user looks like – Delivering dynamically targeted advertisement content (using detect faces API)
- Subcontractor finder – Use this postcode search to quickly find subcontractors in your area
- Product Pricing Calculator – How much money do you want to make!!!!
- Finance Tracker App – Check your stocks & your friend’s stocks!
- Code a personal splash page in Ruby on Rails , HTML. & CSS
- My Indian Wedding App – IPhone / Android
- Business development pipeline for startup founders – instructions here
- Getting your podcast off the ground (skillshare class)
- Have you thought about starting your own podcast but don’t know where to start? In this 80-minute class, I will walk you through the process of creating & promoting your own podcast. Podcasting is a great way to build an intimate, trusting relationship with your audience.Podcasting is perfect for people with big ideas.
- contributor to foundr magazine, a digital magazine for entrepreneurs
- codecrawl an online resource for people wanting to learn to code
- coderfactory academy – CoderFactory Academy is a technology education provider catering to aspiring tech startup entrepreneurs and app developers
- https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/308937 – Podcasting hosting
- https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/307799 – Podcast branding
- Indian startup show – A weekly podcast show about Indian startups, entrepreneurs and more !. (the Journey So far .. 63 episodes & 200,000 Total listens from Aug2015 – Aug2017)
- Coaching at Codebar.io (London) – codebar is a non-profit initiative that facilitates the growth of a diverse tech community by running regular programming workshops.
- Xerox (South Africa) Employee of the Year